If you are interested in photography like me, you probably want to make something of your photos. Today everybody take snapshots [with their phones] like never before – but where do these pictures go? Snapchat and apps like it has created a way to take snapshots that are gone when you sent them to your friends. A new way to use photography – at least if you compare it to old 35mm film photography.
I like to do something with my photos in one way or the other. One obvious thing is to make a traditional photo album. The photo album of the 21:th century is called a Photo Book. It is a great way to visualize your pictures and in the same time make a backup that will last even if the hard drives fail.
It may seem difficult to make a photo book – but it really only ends up if you are willing to give it a couple of hours of your time. Considering how much time and money you spend on a journey for your vacation, it could well be worth another 4 or 5 hours to make a photo book that could give you the opportunity to relive the journey countless times. You can share it with your family and friends in a very nice way as well.
Linköping, Leica M240 and Voigtländer 50/1.1
To make it happen I can recommend some simple rules;
- Make a pretty hard selection of pictures. Choose the ones you like the most. The rest can be on your hard drive if you want to look at them.
- Try and make the book as simple as possible. Make the pictures speak for them selves.
- Don’t wait too long. You will forget it.
- Accept that it will cost you som money. It is worth it!
- Put the book in a place where you and others will see it. Don’t hide your work.
I use “Blurb” for my photo books – but there are many different ways to make a book. Just google it. Most of them have some kind of online way to make the book. Your first book will probably take a little more time to finish – but I am sure that once you learn it it will be a lot easier.